Fried Potatoes With Dill Leaves is another mouth-watering recipe from Indian Kitchen Diaries. Suva/Soya Aloo Bhaji in Hindi is a dry vegetarian dish which goes best with roti/naan.
The aroma of dill leaves will make your everyday fried potatoes more flavourful and savoury. Dill leaves have a strong flavour and hence I recommend not to use them in abundance.
The recipe is quick,simple and easy to prepare in just under 30 minutes. Lets get started and make the perfect recipe of Fried Potatoes With Dill Leaves
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 5 tbsp of oil
- 1 medium to large onion finely chopped
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic minced
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- Handful of finely chopped fresh dill leaves.
- Boil the potatoes in water till tender.
- Cut them into cubes and keep them aside
- Heat about 5 tbsp of oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add onions, turmeric, coriander and chilli powder and fry them until it turns golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and salt and saute the mixture for 2 minutes on a medium flame
- Add fresh dill leaves and potatoes and stir fry for 5 minutes with occasional mixing on a high flame.
- Ready to serve
NOTES for Fried Potatoes With Dill Leaves
Taste – Warm medium spicy taste with dill leaves flavors.
Serving suggestions – I generally prefer eating it with roti or naan since it’s a dry dish. Can be served with rice or eaten as a snack by itself. Can also be served as a side dish with other mains.
See also Fried Chicken